Jumaat, November 06, 2009

Sunset

Quickie done during lunchtime! Just to test out some colour schemes. Done in Photoshop, around 45 mins. It's still kinda dinky but I tried so shaddap! LOL.

I did this with a childhood place in mind: Tanjung Lobang, Miri. My family and I used to stay in the teachers' quarters within a school compound that was situated on top of a cliff overlooking the sea. There's a spot that my brothers and I used to go to in the evenings to play and watch the sunset - it was absolutely beautiful. There was a beach that you can go down to through a path on the side of the cliff, it was like a secret place that belonged only to us. Being there at that time ...those are some of the happiest moments in my life.

Fast forward ten plus years, the spot now has been taken over by a hotel, and the lovely beach below the cliff is covered in concrete embankment. Our lovely sunset spot is gone, blocked by towering hotel building.

You can't stand in the way of progress they say - but I do believe in that line from the movie Miss Potter: "Sometimes beauty is worth preserving."

2 ulasan:

Nbl Fzr berkata...

i shutup. ok

Mohd. Fahmy b. Mohd Hashim berkata...

what a tranquil place. lukisan ni pun chantek. thumbs up!